Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- When can you visit the camps/retreats?
- Thanedar and Sojha are operational through out the year. Sangla Camp and Kaza Retreat are operational from April to October.
- What is the medical help available in the camps/retreats?
- The camps/retreats are equipped with First-Aid kits and a doctor is just a call away in case required.
- What kind of weather can we expect in camps/retreats?
- The temperature can vary from 6-7 degrees Celsius at night in the summer to about 28 degrees Celsius during the daytime in June. Whereas Spiti falls in rain shadow area and gets scanty rainfall, the rest of the places receive their fair share of rainfall during July and August.
- What kind of warm clothing is required?
- The days from April to October are warm and one can get by in a T-shirt or light jacket. Early mornings and evenings being colder, light woolens from May to August are recommended. Please carry heavy woolens for April, September and October.