For a few weeks every year, the Zanskar river freezes on the surface and the people of the remote Zanskar valley are able to make their way to Leh by walking on the river. The word "Chadar" means "sheet or blanket" and that's what it appears like when you walk over the white frozen Zanskar River. This is truly one of the world's greatest journeys. The trek is a demanding one and gives you all the thrills of a great adventure. Temperatures can plummet to as low as -30° and even though you walk through amazing landscape you have to be prepared for a really cold experience kept a little warm by glowing fires which we light up each evening at camp. The trek begins daily at around 9 am. By then the sun's up and blue skies bring cheer despite the cold temperatures. The trek goes along the Zanskar River in the region of Lingshed and constitutes a walk of around 15 days with 3850m / 12,628ft being the highest altitude reached but we will do a shorter version of the trail wherein we walk for about 6 days on the spectacular Chadar. Many of these spots cannot be accessed during the summer months as they go through spectacular deep canyons and gorges.
COST PER PERSON: INR 53000/- PER PERSON
1. Accommodation in standard room / tent on twin/ triple share at :
• 04 nights stay at Oriental guest house or similar in Leh.
• 05 nights stay in High altitude trekking tents with separate common bath & WC.
2. All meals starting from lunch on arrival day at Leh till breakfast on final departure from Leh. Meals will be buffet breakfast and dinner at hotels/ camp and lunches while on sightseeing, trek and drives will be picnic style (Packed).
3. Transportation by non heated Qualis or Scorpio for arrival / departure transfers, sightseeing as per the itinerary and pick up / drop to and from the trek starting / end point.
4. Services of a guide for local sightseeing and trek.
5. Camping and kitchen arrangements include two person tents, dining tents with folding chairs, toilet tents, staff tents, camping furniture, sleeping mats, kitchen equipment.
6. Trekking support team including 01 cook & 01 helper, porters to carry the provisions and luggage during trekking.
7. Miscellaneous entrance fee and charges including Ladakh Royalty Fee, inner-line permits for Pangong Lake.
8. All applicable luxury/ road taxes.
Cost does not include:
• Clothing of personal nature like trekking shoes, backpacks, sleeping bags, jackets and other clothing..
• Medical expenses (apart from basic first aid) and insurance of any kind.
• Laundry, liquors, wines, mineral water, telephone charges and items of personal nature.
• All the arrangements for trekking as pre-planned and pre-paid. In case of not completion of the trek due to any reason whatsoever there will not be any refund for any unutilized services. Any extra expense due to the same has to be paid extra.
• Any expenses arising out of unforeseen circumstances like flight delay / cancellation / hike in fare, strike or any other natural calamities or any emergency evacuation expenses.
• Any other costs not mentioned under cost include.