July 18th - 26th, 2015
(8 nights 9 days)
This is one of the most exciting treks in Himachal Pradesh. We begin the hike from close to Suraj Tal near Baralacha la in Lahaul valley and end at Kunzum La in Spiti valley. The highlight of trek is the stay near Chandratal (Moon Lake), considered to be source of Chandra River. You get magnificent views of glacier and peaks of Mulkila & C.B. ranges from here. The Chandra River joins Bhaga River few kilometers down the valley and forms Chenab that flows into Pakistan. Crystal clear water shadows the massive glaciers. Incredibly changing colors with the passage of day, peaceful and sublime, the lake is simply enchanting.
High altitudes, cold deserts, streams, rivers and lakes make this trip a trekker’s and photographer’s delight.
- Day 1: Chandigarh - Manali 8-9 hrs Reach Chandigarh by Shatabdi train / flight and drive to Manali. You could also reach Manali by overnight Volvo from Delhi. Night stay in a hotel/ lodge in Manali.
- Day 2: Manali Jispa (3300M) - 145 km/6 hr We leave early in the morning today and drive over Rohtang la to reach Jispa by early evening. A short walk in the surrounding hills on arrival. Night stay in hotel/ lodge.
- Day 3: Jispa- Acclimatize Today is the acclimatization day in Jispa. We for a hike in the hills in the morning. Rest of the afternoon at leisure/ prepare for the trek. Night stay in Jispa.
- Day 4: Jispa- another acclimatization hike We drive up to Baralachala (4830M) and go for a short hike in surrounding area.
- Day 5: Jispa Suraj Tal (4800M)-Tokpo Yongma (4640M)- 30 kms drive and 8 kms hike- 3-4 hrs On way to Baralachala is Suraj Tal. Three rivers viz Pass-Tokpa Chandra, Bhaga and Yunam originate from here. From here, we walk down to Yongma Tokpo Yongma (literally means small river). Night stay in tents.
- Day 6: Tokpo Yongma - Tokpo Gongma (4400M)- 10 km/4 hr Gongma is literally large. The river has to be crossed either early morning or T Gongma over a snow bridge later in the day. Camp by the stream side.
- Day 7: Tokpo Gongma Chandratal (4270M)- 12 kms/ 4-5 hrs Chander Tal, literally Moon Lake, offers good views of the glaciers and peaks of Chandratal, Mulkila and C.B. ranges. Also on view are some peaks on Bara Shigri. Camp overnight a little away from the lake.
- Day 8: Chandratal- Kunzum la (4551M)- Manali - 14 kms hike and 5 hrs drive Walk up to Kunzum Pass (meeting place of the Ibex). This Kunzum La-Losar pass joins the twin valleys of Lahaul and Spiti. From here, we drive back to Manali. Stay the night in a lodge.
- Day 9: Manali- Chandigarh drop- 8-9 hrs
COST PER PERSON: INR 54500/-
1. Accommodation on twin/ triple share basis including all meals.
2. Transfers from Chandigarh- Chandigarh as per itinerary
3. Camping arrangements with all meals while on trek.
4. Porterage of 7 kgs per person while on trek.
5. Services of a guide for trek.
7. All applicable taxes.
Cost does not include:
1. Any train/ airfare.
2. Any En route/ personal expenses.
3. Any insurance.
4. Bottled mineral water. Boiled water available while on trek.
5. Any expenses incurred due to any factors beyond our control like a natural calamity/ man-made calamity.