September 7th - 15th, 2013
(8 nights 9 days)
- Day 1: Leh Fly into Leh. Transfer to the guest house. Rest of the day at leisure/ acclimatize. Night stay in guest house.
- Day 2: Leh Acclimatization day in Leh.
- Day 3: Leh Stok (3598M) Mancarmo (4250M)- 4-5 hrs hike Drive from Leh to Stok village. We load up bags on the horses and head off for Mancarmo. Walk past a beautiful valley where you can see unusual rock formations pointing skywards in orange, purple and green colors. Mancarmo (4250 m) is the summer pasture of Stok villagers. Set up camp for the evening.
- Day 4: Mancarmo Base Camp (5020M)- 3-4 hrs hike We begin the hike early. Today, we go higher into a desolate area, which is inhabited only by marmots and blue sheep. Surrounded by high mountains, we soon reach the vase camp (5020 m). Overnight in Camp.
- Day 5: Acclimatization day at the base camp
- Day 6: Base Camp Stok Kangri (6150M) Base Camp (10-11 hrs) We begin the climb very early in the morning (around one am depending on weather and snow conditions). It is a strenuous hike and in the last part we may even use ropes, ice axes and crampons (depending on snow conditions). As you reach the top in the morning, you are likely to witness the most beautiful sight of the Himalayas, lit up by the slowly rising morning sun. In good weather conditions we can see the Saser group in the Great Karakoram Range, where K2 lies. Leave a Khata, religious scarf, on the mountaintop with prayer flags and start climbing down to the base camp. We reach camp around mid-morning/ afternoon for a much deserved cup of tea and rest. Rest of the day at leisure. Night stay in tents.
- Day 7: Base Camp Stok- Leh After breakfast we will walk back to Stok and drive to Leh. Night stay in Leh.
- Day 8: Leh Full day at leisure in Leh. You could also drive to Pangong Lake. Back to Leh in the evening. Night stay in Leh.
- Day 9: Transfer to Leh airport in the morning
CostCost Per Person: INR 59700/-