22/27 JAN, 2016
(5 nights 6 days)
This is a compact trip that allows you to see every aspect of Bhutan that makes it an exclusive & sought after destination: the grandeur of the mountain peaks, the terraced hills, the lush, green valleys, the dense forests filled with rare flowers, the fast flowing crystal clear rivers, the pure, clean air, the unique architecture, art and culture and above all the delightful people who make the soul smile.
- Day 1: Arrive Paro – Thimphu 65 km / 1 ½ hrs Board morning flight and reach Paro Airport. Meet up with your guide, board waiting vehicle and reach Thimphu around noon. Check into your hotel room. Freshen up, have a sumptuous meal, and post lunch visit the Memorial Chorten (temple) built in memory of the late 3rd King. Drive to the quaint Dodena Bridge – a typical Bhutanese wooden bridge; and do a 2.5 km return / 2 hr hike to the beautiful Tango Gompa. On return to the bridge, if time and an inclination are both there, a rigorous but rewarding hike of about an hour to Cheri Gompa is also possible.
- Day 2: Hike To Phojoding Gompa Leave after an early breakfast on a beautiful 5 kms / 5 – 6 hrs return hike through forests of Chirpine & Rhododendron to this gompa. Enjoy great views of Thimphu valley and a picnic lunch. Be back at your hotel by late afternoon. Evening at leisure in Thimphu.
- Day 3: Thimphu – Paro (1.5 Hrs) After a leisurely breakfast drive back to Paro. Check into your rooms. Later go to the National Museum - the first of its kind it has a collection that covers everything from natural history to religious paintings. Late afternoon visit the 17 century Paro Dzong on foot and continue walking through the oldest wooden bridge still in use followed by an evening stroll in old Paro town to take a peek into some local handicrafts stores. Overnight in a hotel.
- Day 4: Paro - excursion to Haa Valley Visit the temples of Dzongdrakha on foot which studs the rock cliff. Continue driving to Haa over the Chele la Pass, your highest point of the trip at 3800m. When the weather permits one can view the most scared mountain in the country Mt. Jomolhari (7314m). Visit the quiet, timeless Haa valley.
- Day 5: Paro – hike to Tiger’s Nest 8 km / 5 hrs return hike Morning hike up to Tiger’s Nest or Taktsang, the most revered temple in the country that literally hangs on a granite cliff overlooking Paro Valley. Late afternoon visit, Kichu Lhakhang, one of the two oldest temples in the country and the historic Drukgyal Dzong. Evening at leisure
- Day 6: Paro - Fly out Transfer to airport for your departure flight. Our tour staff will bid you farewell at the airport.