(8 nights 9 days)
Travel deep into the unknown territory where we at Banjara promise to show you the most wonderful side of our country known only to very few. Your journey starts from Thanedar, the birthplace of apples in India and an orchard town. The Banjara retreat amidst the orchards is a serene place perfect for unwinding.
Driving from Thanedar, we reach one of the most beautiful valleys of Kinnaur - Sangla known for its massive towering mountains on all sides and the beautiful Baspa river with good opportunities for trout fishing. From one amazing destination to another, we reach Shoja, ahead of Jalori Pass. Tall Silver oak trees, filling the roadside with Blue Iris, are a sight to behold.
The place is again an angler's paradise, due to its proximity to the Tirthan River, which also abounds in the trout. Besides, it also provides breathtaking sceneries and walks to nearby lakes and forts. Go on to Manali, the queen of all hill stations to give that icing to your holiday cake and to take back the best of memories and mementos home.
- Day 1: Delhi - Thanedar 440kms/10-11hr Leave Delhi after early breakfast. Spend the night at the Banjara Retreat, Thanedar.
- Day 2: Thanedar - Sangla 153kms/6hr Drive to Banjara camp, Sangla. Post-lunch; visit the Batseri, a typical kinnauri village across the Baspa River.
The local devta temple, which has lovely woodwork, is a must-see. Overnight stay in the camp.
- Day 3: Sangla Rock Climb, river cross or angle for trout. Bon re in the evening.
- Day 4: Sangla Visit Chitkul (3,450m) 20kms from the camp. This is the last village on the old Indo-Tibetan trade route. Lunch along the glacier-fed
- Day 5: Sangla - Shoja 194kms/7hr After breakfast, leave for Shoja, 5kms ahead of the 3,223m high Jalori Pass. In summer, the Silver Oak forest
along the road is full of blue Iris. Spend the night at the Banjara Retreat, Shoja.
- Day 6: Shoja Walk through Jalori Pass to Serolsar Lake.
- Day 7: Shoja - Manali 117kms/5hr Drive to Manali through Kullu. Check into Hotel Naggar Castle. Spend the night in the hotel.
- Day 8: Manali Local sight - seeing. Overnight in hotel Naggar Castle.
- Day 9: Manali - Delhi 550kms/16hr Drive back to Delhi.