Start your exploration with Thanedar - your first stop in this incredible journey into the Himalayas. Thanedar is an orchard town and the birthplace of apples in India. The Banjara retreat amidst the orchards is a serene place perfect for unwinding, while offering plenty of walks/ treks for the activity-oriented.
From Thanedar, drive to Shoja, a small little village just 5 kms ahead of Jalori pass. In summers the road is full of Blue Iris on the tall Silver Oak trees on both sides of the roads as if greeting you into their territory. Take a walk through the Jalori Pass to Serolsar Lake and have lunch near its crystal clear waters. Spend a day at Gosaini, which is built on the banks of River Tirthan, or go angling for trout in the river.
(5 nights 6 days)
- Day 1: Delhi - Thanedar 440kms/10-
11hr Leave Delhi after early breakfast. Spend the night at the Banjara Retreat, Thanedar.
- Day 2: Thanedar Walk to Tani Jubbar
Lake. Have picnic lunch beside the lake. Visit the Parmjyotir temple, built in the pahari-style. Overnight at Banjara
- Day 3: Thanedar - Shoja 85kms/3hr After breakfast, leave for Shoja, 5kms ahead of 3,223M high Jalori Pass. In summer, the thick Silver Oak forest
along the road is full of Blue Iris. Spend the night at
the Banjara Retreat, Sojha.
- Day 4: Shoja Walk through the
Jalori Pass to Serolsar Lake. Lunch near crystal clear waters of the lake
- Day 5: Shoja - Gosaini 30kms/1hr After breakfast, drive to Gosaini. Day free at leisure. Spend the night in Raju's Lodge on the banks of the
- Day 6: Gosaini - Delhi
510kms/12hr Drive back to Delhi.