(4 nights 5 days)
A perfect combination of gorgeous views of high Himalayan peaks, stay by a lake, a visit to a land partially frozen in time and Newari food and architecture. A short getaway that is sure to leave you feeling refreshed.
- Day 1: Kathmandu - Bandipur - 4 hrs Land at Kathmandu airport and drive to Bandipur. On arrival, check into a guest house situated in town square. Rest of the evening at leisure, to walk around on cobbled stoned pathways – free from vehicular traffic seeing the stunning Newari architecture and the traditional lifestyle exemplified by the people, buildings & temples of this place. Of course, you would also get the opportunity to taste the famous Newari cuisine. Overnight stay in Bandipur.
- Day 2: Bandipur - Siddha Gupha - Bandipur (3-4 hr hike) Post breakfast, we go for a walk to see the Siddha Cave – Nepal’s largest one. It has amazing stalactite formations (please do carry a flashlight). You could also visit Patale Dwar –a nearby cave considered by experts to be a geological wonder (a wide variety of geological formations). Walk back to Bandipur with an appetite whetted to justify a sumptuous lunch. Rest the day at leisure. You could also walk around the town. It is a lovely little town with pretty much every house built in local Newari architecture.
- Day 3: Bandipur- Pokhara- 3 hrs Leave for Pokhara after breakfast. On arrival in Pokhara, check into rooms at a resort alongside the lovely Phewa Tal. Rest of the day at leisure. The resort itself it lovely and you could go for a short hike or bird watching trail. Overnight stay in Pokhara.
- Day 4: Pokhara Early morning drive to Sarangkot for beautiful sunrise views. Enjoy incredible sunrise views of the Annapurna Peaks glowing in hues of orange & gold in the rays of the morning sun simply worth getting up so early for. Drive back to hotel for breakfast. We go for a Pokhara valley tour later including David’s falls, Seti River Gorge, Tibetan Refugee camp and you can also go for boating in the lake. Overnight stay in Pokhra at Fishtail Lodge.
- Day 5: Pokhara- Kathmandu airport drop- 5 hrs After an early breakfast, drive back to Kathmandu airport to fly back to your hometown.