(5 nights 6 days)
This is a Himalayas views delight combined with beautiful architecture in Kathmandu. For this trip, it would be best to choose a time when the weather is clear.
- Day 1: Kathmandu Land at Kathmandu airport. Transfer to the hotel. Rest of the day at leisure. Night stay in hotel.
- Day 2: Kathmandu After breakfast, half day sightseeing tour of Pashupatinath temple, Bouddhanath Stupa, and Syambhunath Stupa. Afternoon at leisure. Overnight in hotel at Kathmandu.
- Day 3: Kathmandu - Nagarkot - 2 hrs After breakfast, drive to Nagarkot. En route visit Patan Durbar square. Reach Nagarkot in the afternoon. Nagarkot offers beautiful views of the Himalayas. Rest of the evening at leisure. Night stay at Nagarkot.
Nagarkot is a lively little hill station situated at 7200 ft. and only about an hour and a half drive away from Kathmandu. It is known for spectacular sunrise views of the Himalayas (weather permitting). It is lately become famous as one of the best spots to view Mount Everest as well as other snow-topped peaks of the Himalayan range of eastern Nepal. Spring is a particularly good time to visit when the surrounding valleys get filled with flowers.
- Day 4: Nagarkot - Dhulikhel - 2-3 hrs Enjoy a beautiful sunrise and crystal clear mountain views in the morning (dependant on weather). Later on, drive to Dhulikhel. Enjoy great sunset and evening Himalayan panorama view. Overnight in hotel.
Dhulikhel is situated on main highway to Tibet and serves as a main trading hub between Nepal and Tibet. The town is Newar settlement. The Newars are an ethnic group of Nepal who originally inhabited the Kathmandu Valley. They are renowned for their outstanding craftsmanship and woodcarving skills, which is evident in all the traditional homes around the old town. Newars are also perhaps the oldest and most traditional of Nepal’s ethnic groups and have a culture strongly based on religion. Aside from the breathtaking panoramic views of the Himalaya stretching from Langtang to Everest and beyond, there are plenty of interesting places to see in the town. You could walk around the town and loose yourself to time in the tangle of cobbled laneways, discover ancient houses with sagging wooden frame works, intricate carvings, hidden temples and thriving market squares. To the east of the town, you can climb the “Hazar Sindhi” (one thousand steps) to the Kali Temple, where you can be inspired by the snow capped peaks rearing above the steeply terraced foothills.
- Day 5: Dhulikhel Another day of beautiful Himalaya views. The day at leisure / go for short/ long hikes in the hills. Night stay in hotel.
- Day 6: Dhulikhel - Kathmandu - 3-4 hrs Drive to Kathmandu airport for onward flight.