(16 nights 17 days)
This is a complete North East trip that covers the pick of the known and lesser known travel delights offered by the seven sister states.
- Day 1: Guwahati Cherrapunjee 160 km / 5 hrs Arrive at Guwahati Airport by afternoon and drive to reach the verdant Latikynsew village in Cherrapunjee. Overnight stay in an eco resort.
- Day 2: Cherrapunjee After breakfast proceed for local sightseeing surround Cherrapunjee. Enjoy a pleasant drive to see roaring waterfalls leaping into deep gorges: Dain-Thlen Falls, Noh-Kalikai Falls, and Noh-Sngithiang Falls. Also see the Mawsmai Cave & Thangkharang Eco Park and the Green Canyon.
- Day 3: Cherrapunjee Mawlynong - Shillong 170 km / 6 hrs In the morning do a hike down from your resort to see a Living Roots Bridge – a must see. Post breakfast we drive through some absolutely stunning scenery to reach Mawlynong close to teh Bangladesh border. This picturesque hamlet has earned its reputation as the cleanest village in Asia; besides the picturesque village offers many interesting sights such as a huge boulder naturally balancing on a small rock, a sky view point which offers panoramic views. After spending a couple of hours here head off on another great drive to reach Umiam Lake near Shillong. Check into rooms at an exotic & luxurious resort overlooking the lake.
- Day 4: Shillong Nameri 200 km / 7 hrs Check out after a leisurely breakfast and drive to reach the exotic & pristine Nameri National Park by late afternoon. Check into huts/tents at Nameri Eco Camp, located within the sanctuary.
- Day 5: Nameri Dirang (1675 M) 185 km / 6- 7 hrs Leave after breakfast and drive towards Arunachal Pradesh. En route stop to see the Tippi Orchid Center. Reach Dirang by late afternoon. Later do a bit of sightseeing: Dirang Monpa tribal villages, the Hot Water Springs and Kalachakra Monastery. Overnight stay in a hotel.
- Day 6: Dirang Tawang (3050 M) 145 kms / 5 hrs Drive to Tawang crossing over Sela Pass (4270 M) - the highest motorable pass in the Northeast. At the pass walk up to a vantage point & check out the turquoise hued Sela Lake. In the evening visit the
local market and enjoy a walk around Tawang town. Overnight in a hotel.
- Day 7: Tawang Visit the famous 400 years old Tawang Gompa and interact with the lamas (monks). Later visit the beautiful Shungetser Lake - popularly known as Madhuri Lake since a Bollywood movie song featuring Madhuri Dixit was shot here. Also visit Pankang Teng Tso – another fetching heaven. Overnight in a hotel.
- Day 8: Tawang Bumla Border Visit Full day excursion to the Indo- China border at Bumla, driving through some scintillatingly rugged & picturesque terrain. Located at 15000 ft there is alos a strong likelihood of coming across snow, even in the summer months.
- Day 9: Tawang Bomdila (2440 M) 180 kms /7 hrs Leave after a leisurely breakfast to reach Bomdila by evening. Later visit the Gompa & the local
market. Overnight stay in a hotel room.
- Day 10: Bomdila Jorhat 240 km / 7 hrs Leave after breakfast and drive back into Assam and reach Jorhat by early evening. Check into rooms at a colonial era planters bungalow in a tea estate.
- Day 11: Jorhat - Full Day Excursion To Majuli After breakfast drive approx 40 minutes to Nimati Ghat and then board on Ferry (country boat fitted with motor). Cruise for approx. 1.5 hrs to reach Majuli. Evening cruise back to Nimatighat and then drive back to Jorhat. Overnight in Jorhat.
- Day 12: Jorhat Mokokchung 103 km / 3 ½ hrs Leave after an early breakfast to enter Nagaland to reach Mokokchung. After freshening up visit Longkhum village. This is one of the most beautiful and captivating villages in Mokokchung or for the matter of fact in Nagaland. It is scenic, picturesque, and sinfully enchanting. Rhododendrons and scenic natural beauty adorn the hillocks and precipices surrounding this enchanting village. Longkhum is one of those places which you feel like coming over again and again and yet still can’t get enough of it. Overnight stay in a hotel.
- Day 13: Mokokchung - Kohima (Touphema) 200 Km / 7 Hrs Leave after a leisurely breakfast and drive through the heart of remote Nagaland to reach Kohima by late afternoon. Drive another 45 mins to reach Touphema by evening. Check in to huts at the Touphema Tourist Village. Late evening at leisure.
- Day 14: Touphema - Kohima sightseeing After breakfast do a full day of sightseeing covering the War cemetery, Nagaland state Museum, Kohima village & the Catholic Cathedral.
- Day 15: Touphema - Kaziranga 225 Km / 6- 7 Hrs Leave after a leisurely breakfast and reach the wildernesses of Kaziranga by late afternoon. Check into rooms at a resort.
- Day 16: Kaziranga A full day of Jeep Safaris & Elephant rides to spot the myriad exotic species of fauna & flora that inhabit these jungles.
- Day 17: Kaziranga Guwahati Airport 240 km / 6- 7 hrs Leave after an early breakfast and get dropped at Guwahati Airport in time to board an evening flight to Delhi/Kolkata