(7 nights 8 days)
This trip combines the magnificent wilderness of Kaziranga, the Scotland like countryside of Shillong and exotic sights in the incredibly verdant Cherrapunjee area like: living root bridges, awe inspiring caves, and waterfalls leaping from limestone cliffs into deep gorges…
- Day 1: Guwahati Cherrapunjee 160 km / 5 hrs Arrive at Guwahati Airport by afternoon and drive to reach the verdant Latikynsew village in Cherrapunjee. Overnight stay in an eco resort.
- Day 2: Cherrapunjee After breakfast proceed for local sightseeing surround Cherrapunjee. Enjoy a pleasant drive to see roaring waterfalls leaping into deep gorges: Dain-Thlen Falls, Noh-Kalikai Falls, and Noh-Sngithiang Falls. Also see the Mawsmai Cave & Thangkharang Eco Park and the Green Canyon.
- Day 3: Cherrapunjee Mawlynong - Shillong 170 km / 6 hrs In the morning do a hike down from your resort to see a Living Roots Bridge – a must see. Post breakfast we drive through some absolutely stunning scenery to reach Mawlynong close to teh Bangladesh border. This picturesque hamlet has earned its reputation as the cleanest village in Asia; besides the picturesque village offers many interesting sights such as a huge boulder naturally balancing on a small rock, a sky view point which offers panoramic views. After spending a couple of hours here head off on another great drive to reach Umiam Lake near Shillong. Check into rooms at an exotic & luxurious resort overlooking the lake.
- Day 4: Shillong Post a leisurely break leave for a full day of sightseeing covering Ward’s Lake, the Botanical Garden and Botanical Museum, Shillong Peak, Sweet Falls & Lady Hydari Park.
- Day 5: Shillong Kaziranga 295 km / 8 -9 hrs Leave after breakfast and reach the wildernesses of Kaziranga in the evening. Check into Rooms at a resort
- Day 6: Kaziranga A full day of Jeep Safaris & Elephant rides to spot the myriad exotic species of fauna & flora that inhabit these jungles.
- Day 7: Kaziranga - Guwahati 220 km / 6 hrs Leave in the morning and reach Guwahati by afternoon. Check into rooms at the Brahmaputra Ashok. Go for a relaxing evening cruise on the Brahmaputra – with luck you might spot the rare Gangetic Dolphins.
- Day 8: Guwahati Fly Back Post breakfast transfer to the airport to board your return flight