(9 nights 10 days)
Though close to Manali, the terrain of this region gives a very small window of about 3 month every year in which you can visit this lake. Every step taken in high Himalayas is worth it to reach this emerald lake which keeps changing its colours throughout the day.
- Day 1: Chandigarh Manali- 8 hrs drive Reach Manali by car/ Bus. Overnight in Manali.
- Day 2: Manali - Jispa - 145 km/6 hr Leave for Jispa early in the morning. Drive over Rohtang la. Stay the night in a guest house in Jispa.
- Day 3: Jispa Acclimatization day in Jispa. Walk around in Jispa. Night stay in guest house.
- Day 4: Jispa - Baralacha La-Tokpo Yongma On way to the 8 km long pass is Suraj Tal 32km/2hr at 4890 m. Three rivers viz Pass-Tokpa Chandra, Bhaga and Yunam originate from here. From here walk down 8 km to Yongma Tokpo Yongma (literally small river) 4640 m.
- Day 5: T Yongma - Tokpo Gongma- 10 km/4 hr Gongma is literally large. The river has to be crossed either early morning or T Gongma over a snow bridge later in the day. Camp by the stream side 4400 m.
- Day 6: T Gongma - Chandertal Chander Tal, literally Moon Lake, offers good views of the glaciers and peaks of Chander Tal Mulkila and C.B. ranges. Also on view are some peaks on Bara Shigri. Chander Tal 4270 m is almost one half km by half a km.
- Day 7: Chander Tal Losar Kaza (58 km/2 hr) Walk up 14 km to Kunzum Pass (meeting place of the Ibex) at 4551 m. This Kunzum La-Losar pass joins the twin valleys of Lahaul and Spiti. From here, take jeeps to Kaza.
- Day 8: Kaza Visit Ki monastery and Kibber, one of the highest motorable village in the world at 4205 m.
- Day 9: Kaza Manali (201kms/9hr) Leave after an early breakfast. Overnight in Manali.
- Day 10: Manali - Delhi (590 km/12 hr) Head back to Delhi